Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Grandpa Beanie Free Pattern

Yes...

More free patterns for you to print out
and make...
This one is a favorite of mine
for winter...

I use up all of my scrap wool
and make lots of stripes 

just what Grandpa's likes


Warm and woolly with lots of colour...
Grandpa Beanie


***Just click on the pattern above....Go straight to Flickr...
Click Actions, then view all sizes...and download and save the file...***

I use a "Crab" stitch around the border...

If you find this stitch makes the border a tad loose.
Try missing a stitch every 5 or 10 trebles and that way it makes it a bit tighter...

If you are unsure about this stitch do a row of Double Crochet instead...

This pattern is in English crochet terms...


To all of my Crochet class ladies who are "spying" this pattern...

We will do this pattern very soon...

This pattern is also good for "Grandma's"
just change the colour
and make it all pretty...

14 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

...thank you, my dear!!!
xxxx Alessandra

E Strea Chikitu said...

Oh our son just loves those beanies. I made many and he doesn't leave the house without one.

French Nanny said...

Hi Michelle
You say it's a pdf pattern, bt I can only get it as a Flickr photo...
Is there another way to download it?

Penny x

hooksandyarns said...

Very nice - thanks for sharing your pattern. :)

Kylie said...

Oh you're wonderful Michelle! You know what I want before I do! :)) Kx

la said...

Oh I do like these...might wait a bit to make one though given that it's our summertime at the mo (although in Blighty one still needs a woolly something or two even in the summertime):o)

Lovely as always...xxxx

Catherine said...

I love all the bright colours but also look forward to the grandma hat pattern - I like the way the edge just tilts out a little - pretty

linda said...

Lovely hats thank you so much for the pattern :)

Between Me and You said...

Never mind the Grandpas, this 'Nana' is going to make one for herself! Thank you so much for sharing.

vintage grey said...

So cute!! Thanks for sharing the pattern, and for all your hard work!! Have a sweet day! xo Heather

Leah said...

It is absolutely freezing here at the moment so these beanies will be perfect! Thank you so much.

annie said...

Thank you so much, dear Michelle! I just shaved my head on Monday not through choice and have been trying to find beanie patterns. I made a skewiff one for the toddler without a pattern which she can get away with but this one will start for my cold scalp tomorrow!!!

MARIA said...

Olá,!Adorei o seu blog e já estou te seguindo,quero te convidar a conhecer o meu.
casademariamaria.blogspot.com
te aguardo...
bjs

Lillie and Moss said...

Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing your pattern!!Shari :)